Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Costa Rica- Cosecha de Esperanza- The Plummer Family

Soon after my Patriotic Travel Trip to Europe, my parents told me they would be moving to Costa Rica to serve as missionaries. I come from a "larger" family than most. I have three brothers and three sisters, five of which were adopted through the Foster Care system (ages 6-14).

Plummer Family at the Springfield Airport
My parents goal is to start a church in Costa Rica to help spread the Word of God. The name of the ministry is "Cosecha de Esperanza," which means "Harvest of hope" in Spanish. Their long term goal is to start an orphanage for Costa Rican children that have no place to go and no one to turn to. My parents are both firm believers in faith, so two days ago they left... They left everything they had ever known and took a step out on faith. God hasn't stopped looking out for them!

They landed in San Jose and they have safely made it to their new home. The past few weeks, Costa Rica has received heavy rains, washing away many roads, removing trees from hills and causing major flooding. My parents worried that they would not be able to make it to their home due to a washed out road, but Glory to God they are there. 

I will be traveling there this Christmas to visit with the family and help them in any way that I can. Right now, the plan is to finish my senior year of college at College of the Ozarks and then spend some time down there. The only planned trip that my parents have right now back to the United States is to my college graduation. My dad said that he would be there, even if he had to walk the whole way haha.

Please be sending them your prayers and encouragement as they do what God has planned for their lives. It's not easy to leave everything you have ever loved and known. My older sister Kendra, her son Bentley and myself are the only ones staying in the United States right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment